Based on my personal experience of work and travel in over 50 countries I offer:
- Advanced Planning
- Route and Site Selection
- Management of on-site finances, supplies and logistics
- Weekly compiling of expedition reports and equipment inventories
- Conducting regular risk assessments and reporting any possible hazard
- Live management of expedition staff
In a sense, all of life is one long expedition, but there are some parts that are more expedition than others. The following links will take you to some of the more exciting parts of my life.
Major Professional Expeditions
- 2011 — Geochemical sampling in the African Rift
- 1996 — IGC Geological trip to Tarim Basin
- 1990 — Geological trip to southern Algeria
- 1981 — Remote Sensing consulting in Japan and Australia
- 1980 — Zinc Exploration in Brazil, GIS development in Chile
- 1971 — Geology & mineralisation of Andalusia Field Trip
- 1966 — Zambia: Copper Exploration and Geological Mapping (thru 1971)
- 1963 — Ice Station T-3: Navigation, Geophysical, and Geological Mapping Original Article which appeared in Vol. 26 Nos. 5 & 6 (May & June) issues of Professional Surveyor Magazine.
If you require assistance in planning your own geological exploration venture or field trip, please consider contacting us.
Major Personal Expeditions
- 2014-2008 — Bicycle Alaska to Texas & Gibraltar to Russia and Norway.
- 2004 — Solo 10,000 km bike tour, TX to Labrador
- 1989 — Australian Outback Dash
- 1981 — East Coast of Australia by Road
- 1971 — North Africa and Iberia by Road
- 1969 — East Africa and the Middle East by Road and Sea
- 1962 — North American Bus Tour
- 1961 — USA by Honda 150 cc motorbike
If you wish to organize or take part in a long distance bicycle trip or trans-continental drive contact us.